All rates are quoted in US dollars, with a base charge of $35.00. Billing is done through Pay Pal. We will provide an estimate based on the number of pages submitted (page = 250 words). We require a 50% deposit before work can begin. Turnaround time depends of the length of the manuscript, but we can usually do less than 20 pages within 3 days. We only accept electronic submissions in MS Word and LibraOffice/OpenOffice. We will return your documents with both track changes and in final form.
This is for the final draft of your manuscript and is designed to catch cosmetic errors, such as:
- Typos spell checkers don’t find.
We will also call attention to simple grammatical problems, such as:
- Run-on sentences.
- Subject-verb agreement.
We will also make sure that your document is formatted according to the required style, such as MLA, APA, Harvard, Turabian or Chicago.
- Non-academic: $3.00 a page.
- Academic: $3.50 a page.
Proofreading + Copy Editing
Copy editing is designed to rework your manuscript to improve your style and flow of ideas. In addition to everything included in our Simple Proofreading service, we will also check for:
- Consistency of your opening and closing statements.
- Whether your thesis statement accurately reflects the ideas in your paper.
- Style, formatting and accuracy.
- Grammar and syntax.
- Narrative flow, dramatic structure.
We offer 3 levels of copy editing: light, medium, and heavy.
Light Copy Editing
- Correcting minor grammatical issues that do not require extensive rewriting.
- Double-checking accuracy of citation format.
- Non-academic: $4.00 a page.
- Academic: $5.00 a page.
Medium Copy Editing
- Improving the flow of your ideas, making sure they’re connected.
- Reworking some text for clarity.
- Correcting grammar that requires a moderate amount of rewriting.
- Non-academic: $6.00 a page.
- Academic: $7.50 a page.
Heavy Copy Editing
This is needed when your writing is confusing, or when the reader does not get the point. This level of service usually involves having a real-time consultation (usually via Skype). Examples of services offered at this level may involve:
- Extensive restructuring and/or rewriting.
- Addressing formatting problems with citations and bibliographies.
- Checking for unintentional plagiarism.
- One-on-one writing coaching (may involve hourly charges).
- Non-academic: $10.00 a page.
- Academic: $11.00 a page.
There is no special rate for ESL writers and students, but it is likely you will need medium or heavy copy editing.
We can arrange to have a short conversation with you to help better understand your needs and goals. There is no charge for the first 15 minutes. Longer sessions are billed at $50.00 an hour.