We are retired college professors, both PhDs, with considerable experience in writing, editing and research. We provide a full range of professional editorial and research services for students, scholars, and all types of writers. We offer special expertise in the humanities, arts and social sciences. In addition to academic and nonfiction writing, we also have experience with fiction and screenplays.
- Simple proofreading for typos and spelling errors.
- Grammar checking, including subject-verb agreement, tenses, run-on sentences, capitalization, punctuation, etc.
- Advice on writing style and organization, including suggestions for improvement.
- Formatting your paper with MLA, APA, Harvard, Turabian and Chicago styles.
- Fact checking.
- Verifying citations.
- Identifying and finding sources.
- Summary of research for your topic.
Editing/Research for ESL Writers
- We have extensive experience working with people whose first language is not English.
- Advice on correct use of words, tenses, prepositions, idioms, different types of English (American, British, South Asian).
- Advice on understanding and avoiding plagiarism.
What We Do Not Do
- We will not write student papers, including theses and dissertations.
- We will not do original research for student papers, including theses and dissertations.
- We do not do in-depth genealogical research.
In the Meantime
- Take a look at our Blog, where we post on a range of topics relevant to writers and researchers.